Sunday, August 26, 2012

Random Thoughts

Oh My Goodness! My thoughts are all over the place today!  I want to say Goodbye to Neil Armstrong!  He has taken that final one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind...corney but true.  He has taken that final trip into the greatest unknown.  And I, we, shall miss his presence here on our planet earth.

I woke up without a voice this morning!  Coughed all night! My husband loves it, not really, we just tease about the wonderful world for a man whose wife has laryngitis!  HAHA!  But it also made me realize how little I talk to my mom.  Remember, she has Alzheimer's.  She hasn't seemed to even notice I cannot talk to her.  I whispered Good Morning and some other salutation-type greetings.  It made me feel bad, so when I saw my goofy dog, Charlie, laying upside down on my bed, I went and got Mom.  We laughed about how stressed out he is!  (Pun!)  And how cute he looks all stretched out, on his back.  Okay, now I feel better.

And then, I see my garden is dying.  Now I'm sad, but then again, it means that Fall is on its way and the temperatures are coming down!  YAY!  I'm happy about that!  My really, really dried up cucumber plants made me think about our own spirits and keeping them watered with the word...well you know, without preaching.  It made me think about my own reading of the word, faithfully, every morning...but have I been paying attention?  Actually, I've been reading to get-r-done.  Opps!  I've gotta stop doing that and read to get what God wants me to get.  That makes me feel better just thinking about it!  :)

And, last but not...well you know the cliche', my two-and-a-half year old grandson is on my mind!  He made me cry Tuesday when he and his little brother and momma (my daughter, Nisa) left our house to go home.  I snapped him into his car seat and talked to him about being good for momma, like I always do and he quietly says, "Okay." It's so cute.  Then I spoke from my heart and had to whisper because the words choked me up.  I said, "I love you with all my heart." and he whispered back, "I love you with all my heart." (recognize it was in his own limited articulation, but I knew what he was saying!) and THAT BROKE MY HEART, in a good way!  I'm so in love with my grandchildren!  They are so dear to me!!!  I turned and tried to tell Nisa what he said, but my octive was so high she could barely understand what I said!  Silly Grandma!  I cried about that for two days!  *Sigh*

What do you think?  Let's sit on the proverbial porch and visit...

No comments:

Post a Comment